Search the site
4 in stockPrint this page
The class will cover how to plan, create, fire and finish simple jewellery designs in real fine silver.
With all use of equipment and materials (including the silver!) included in the price!
Expect to make a pendant – which will be ready to wear by the end of the class.
We’ll cover all the key techniques of planning, rolling, shaping, design and decoration as well as polishing and making up your finished pieces. We’ll also look at how easy it is to fire the clay at home – you don’t need a kiln. I will talk you through every stage, step by step with lots of demos and tips for silver success!
By the end of the workshop, you will have learnt:
1. How silver clay is made and where it comes from
2. The importance of planning your design
3. How to create simple designs using everyday items and a few basic tools
4. How to fire the clay at home. It takes just a few minutes and you don’t need a kiln.
5. Polishing and finishing your designs to a professional standard
6. The next steps to continue your silver clay adventure….!
A small range of books, sterling silver chains, thong, pearls and extra silver clay will be available to buy. Prices approx. £2.50 – £20.00
Melanie has been teaching creative workshops since 2003, and is the author of ‘Silver Clay Workshop: getting started with silver clay jewellery’ and ‘Rings’, and their latest book ‘Teach what you do’ was launched at Kirstie’s Allsops Handmade Fair – Hampton Court, last year. As well as contributing to other jewellery books, magazines, and other creative publications.Most recently on appearing on Jewellery Maker TV.
Karen Blake joined the company in 2016 – and now works alongside her sister Melanie. They often teach larger classes together, but also also take workshops individually, spreading the magic of Silver Clay around the country.
Find Melanie and Karen at